Monday, May 18, 2009

Just 2 More Days!

I can't believe this week has finally arrived. Just one month ago, I was finishing my final exams and my trip to Argentina seemed far off in the future. Now my room is flooded with clothes, bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and photos of family and friends. I'm going to try cramming everything into my suitcase tonight. Wish me luck!

I've traveled abroad before, but I expect that this experience will differ drastically from the others. In middle school I went to Europe with an International Ballet Ensemble, in high school I went to Costa Rica with an environmental science class, and in college I went to Italy with 10 U-M students for a cultural preservation internship. This summer, I'll be traveling alone. And I'll be traveling to South America, a region I've never explored.

I'm really looking forward to improving my Spanish and volunteering in la Casa del Nino (an orphanage that houses over 100 children ages 2-15). I've worked with children in the past, but working with orphans who speak a different language will be an exciting challenge.

I've tried to envision what my life will be like in Argentina, but it's nearly impossible. Instead, I've decided to just hop on the plane, ready to embrace whatever comes my way. I just hope my trip doesn't involve those dreaded, classic travel moments like missing flights or losing luggage.

I'm not sure how often I'll have Internet access once I arrive in Argentina, but I'll try to post as often as possible. I look forward to reading your IISP blogs from around the world, and I wish you all the best of luck.

Buena suerte en sus viajes!

3 comments:

  1. Que lo pases bien tu aventura en Argentina! Te echaré de menos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROBIN ES SUPER-CHULA!!!!!! SUERTE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete